HMRC Search

Your Search Results

What to report to HMRC for Capital Gains Tax

Letting HM Revenue & Customs know you've made a capital gain or loss and key dates

New Self Assessment brief notes for the 2013-14 tax return

New Self Assessment brief notes for the 2013-14 tax return

Completing your tax return (registered pension scheme trustees)

Completing the pension scheme tax return, avoiding common mistakes, what to do if you have incomplete figures

Registering for Self Assessment

How and when to register with HM Revenue & Customs if you need to complete a Self Assessment tax return for the first time

Self Assessment deadline

Guidance for tax agents and advisers to help manage the 31 October Self Assessment deadline

Tax return corrections and refunds

How to correct mistakes or make changes to your tax return, get a refund or pay any extra tax due

Paying the tax of someone who has died

Paying Self Assessment tax for someone who has died - what you have to pay when and how, accessing funds, getting help and advice

How to correct mistakes in your tax

What to do if you're paying the wrong amount of tax - correcting underpayments/over repayments, links to reclaiming overpaid tax

Capital Gains Tax: the basics

What is Capital Gains Tax, who pays it and when

SA100 - Tax Return (2014)

Use form SA100 to file a tax return, report your income and to claim tax reliefs and any repayment due. You'll need some supplementary pages for certain types of income and for capital gains

SA900 - Trust and Estate Tax Return (2014)

Use form SA900 to file a Trust and Estate Tax Return for the tax year ended 5 April 2014

The different ways you can file your tax return online

Find out about the tax returns and supplementary pages covered by the free HMRC online service and by software you can buy

Tax allowances and reliefs if you're self-employed

Overview of allowances, reliefs and deductions available if you're self-employed – links to detailed guidance and how to claim

Reclaiming tax if you've overpaid through your job

How to claim a refund if you think you've paid too much tax on your employment or self-employment income

SA800 - Partnership Tax Return (2014)

Use form SA800 to file your partnership tax return for the tax year ended 5 April 2014

P60 - End of Year Certificate

If you're an employer you must provide form P60 to employees working for you at the end of the tax year. If you're an employee, keep your P60 as a record - you'll need it if you have to fill in a Self Assessment tax

Introduction to Corporation Tax

Corporation Tax for beginners: deadlines; requirements; rates; accounting periods; taxable profit

Beneficiaries: paying and reclaiming tax on trusts

Beneficiaries need to declare income or gains received on their personal tax return - they may also be able to claim a refund

SA700 - Tax return for a non-resident company liable to Income Tax (2014)

Use SA700 to file a tax return for a non-resident company for the tax year ended 5 April 2014

SA970 - Tax return for trustees of registered pension schemes (2014)

Use form SA970 to file your tax return for the tax year ended 5 April 2014 if you are a trustee of a registered pension scheme