HMRC Search

Your Search Results

Introduction to Self Assessment

What Self Assessment means, who must complete a tax return and how to get one, getting a Unique Tax Reference (UTR)

Understanding and using Self Assessment Online

The benefits of sending your tax return online and how to sign up, your Unique Tax Reference number (UTR), lost IDs and passwords

Registering for Self Assessment

How and when to register with HM Revenue & Customs if you need to complete a Self Assessment tax return for the first time

Use of schedules to register Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) multiple partners for SA ...

Agents can now register 10 or more partners for SA and NI on a schedule instead of completing individual SA401 and SA402 forms.

Using or dealing with subcontractor trading names

Information for subcontractors using trading names under CIS, how contractors should deal with subcontractors using trading names

Corporation Tax

Giving you the support you need to get your Corporation Tax right

The different ways you can file your tax return online

Find out about the tax returns and supplementary pages covered by the free HMRC online service and by software you can buy

How to use the Self Assessment for Agents online service

How to sign up for and use HMRC's Self Assessment for Agents online service to file clients' returns and view statements online

Self Assessment reference checker

Check that your Self Assessment unique tax payer reference number is correct before making a payment or contacting HMRC

How to pay Self Assessment/Capital Gains Tax

Ways you can pay Self Assessment, including Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax, information you'll need and key dates

Pension schemes - reclaiming tax deducted from investment income

Find out how and when trustees and pension scheme sponsors can claim back UK tax deducted from investment income

CWF1 - Self Assessment and National Insurance contributions - Registration and / or low earnings

Use form CWF1 to register for Self Assessment if you can't register for business taxes online. Complete the form on screen, then print and post it to HMRC.

Verifying and paying subcontractors

The steps you need to take when paying subcontractors for work covered by CIS - such as verification, record keeping, paperwork

Completing a tax return on behalf of someone who has died

When and how to complete a tax return for someone who has died, records you'll need, lost records, deadlines, help and advice

Starting a company or organisation and Corporation Tax

You must tell HMRC if your new company, organisation or charity is liable for Corporation Tax on time

Self Assessment deadline

Guidance for tax agents and advisers to help manage the 31 October Self Assessment deadline

Email your client's change of name or address if they are individuals under PAYE

How to report a client's change of name or address by email and what information you'll need to provide

Multiple contractor status for larger businesses under CIS

If you're a large business, find out how splitting into several smaller divisions to operate CIS can be more efficient


Message Implementation Guidelines


Message Implementation Guidelines